Masters Games 2013 - Track and Field
The Track and Field part of the Great Barrier Reef Masters Games.
- Athletes in sprint events must record their best time in the previous 12 months in the space provided to assist heat seeding.
- High jump and pole vault entrants must record their starting height.
- Pole Vault athletes will be required to supply their own poles.
- A final program of events including start times will be available after entries have closed and the number of participants has been determined for each event. This program will be available on the Games website www.mastersgames.com.au
- Where the number of entries determines, events may go straight to a final.
- For 60m and 100m sprint events where heats are required, the heats for those age groups will be conducted first, followed by finals for other age groups and then finals for those age groups who ran heats.
- Uniforms are not compulsory.
- The Weight Pentathlon will be conducted in conjunction with the individual throws events over the course of the competition. The first three throws of the individual competition will be used for calculating Weight Pentathlon points.
- Competition will be conducted under International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) and World Masters Athletics (WMA) rules.
- The competition is sanctioned by Athletics North Queensland and is presented by Cairns Athletic